Sunday, March 21, 2010

Higher than dreams

I'm home! I have so much to update to my blog from my journal. I really want everyone to be able to read about my trip, but I can't do it all at once. I'm just going to start and add some everyday. I'm really happy to be home and be with my family. 


March 18
One thing I desire, one thing I seek
To gaze upon your beauty and your majesty
God of my salvation, lifter of my hand
Teach me how to live in righteousness

So I pray to you

Your name is higher than the heavens
Lord your name is higher than all created things

Higher than HOPE
Higher than DREAMS
The name of the Lord

I seek your face, and call upon your name
All I want is you Jesus

- One Thing by Hillsong United

Higher than our hopes and dreams. The very name of the Lord.

Dreams. We start dreaming so young. When we play house and make believe as little girls, we are developing our dreams for the future. Waiting until the day we are “grown up” and we can have all the things we dream of and hope for. And what is it we’re dreaming of? The perfect fairy tail life. Our own personal prince charming and happily ever after. There are so many “self help/christian” books written on this subject. This is not a new idea that came to me, I’ve read the books and heard the sermons, but none of them spoke to my heart like this song.

The name of Jesus is HIGHER than all my hopes and dreams. Not only does Jesus know the desires of my heart, and who knows, maybe some of them He may give me some of them, but the name of Jesus is higher.

Before coming to India, I asked many people to pray for me because I felt that God was going to reveal himself in a new way. So I've just been sitting around waiting..."Anytime God...?" I have definitely had some amazing spiritual experiences, but I've still been waiting for the big revelation. The life changing moment.  Meanwhile, I've only ready my bible...maybe twice?

When I want to change something in my life I always schedule it. "Next Monday I am going to start working out everyday" "Starting in April, I am going to keep my room clean always" or, most recently, "I'll get in the habit of doing devotions everyday when I am in India". Right. In the last year of my life I have chosen to be obedient to God in some things that I didn't want to do, mainly, going to church regularly and tithing. Those two things were not easy for me. It wasn't always enjoyable for me to do them but in the process of doing what I didn't want to do because God told me to, they both became acts of worship and now I LOVE them. So this is how it's going to be. Not starting tomorrow. Starting today, I am going to read mt bible everyday...even when I am tired and don't feel like it. If I desire to see God's face than I have to look.



1 comment:

Debbie said...

Callie,
You are an incredible young lady with a very teachable spirit. I am certain God is going to use you in big ways as you continue to trust Him through simple acts of obedience. You are on a journey of Him revealing Himself to you. It will happen, dear one, it will happen. Thinking of you today with love. Debbie