Monday, October 18, 2010

Ceramics Projects

I finally finished some of my ceramics projects!  I still have some other things I am working on, just waiting to glaze. I love this class! It's relaxing to work in the art studio. I have always been creative, but not really what could be considered artistic, you should have seen the disaster that resulted in my instructor telling me to sketch my dead tree idea! Well, guess what, I am artistic! SO THERE!   


Last week we started learning to "throw" on the wheel .  I have to say is that it looks so much easier than it actually is. I can't help but be reminded of Isaish 64:8



Out of everything I've made so far, I have to say that these trees are my favorite. The assignment was to make something at least twelve inches tall that had to do with Halloween. Well, I hate Halloween, so I pretty much ignored that part, but I was a little inspired and the end result was dead trees. My class mates kept asking me what I was planning to do with them (which is a little stupid in my opinion, what does anyone do with ceramics projects?). 

Well, here's what I did and I think they fit in quite nicely. I'm excited to see what else I end up with. 

 But now, O Lord, You are our Father, we are the clay, and You our potter; and all of us are the work of Your hand. Isaish 64:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your trees !
Cassie

Mackenzie said...

Callie! You're artistic! No more secrets! Secrets don't make friends!