Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dough.


I'm not talking about bread here... I'm referring to Benjamin's, lettuce, a little cha-ching, cheddar (and not the cheesy kind). Yeah, we're talking about cold hard cash.

I'm not gonna lie, my first panicky thought after reading my acceptance letter to CCBCE was "Ohhh shoot, I'm gonna need some money". As I've said before, I'm a planner (well more of a "go-with-the-flow-planner" I don't care if my plans change, but I feel safe within the boundaries of a plan).  Well, one thing I decided early on was that I would not be sending out support letters. Not that I think there is anything wrong with fundraising through support letters, I've actually sent them before and may need to send some in the future, but not for this.

(PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT asking for money, but sharing a praise report!)

The first logical step was to break down the amounts needed:

1. $200 deposit
2. Plane Ticket  $700-$1000
3. Laptop $500-$1000
3. Tuition $3,000
5. 30 day mission trip: $300-$600

Step 1. $200

I might only have $12 in my bank account, but $200 is totally doable. 
As many of you know I started planning a garage sale for next weekend with a $200 minimum goal. Well, last night I worked a serving event and received a $250 cash tip! (Thank you God!)


Step 1. $200  Check!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."- Philippians 4:19


I have been working as a catering server for five years now. This is the largest tip I have ever received. I can't wait to see how God works to provide the rest of the money that I'll need!


Hey, Garage sale, we have a new goal! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Callie!! That is soo awesome! God is good! =D

Praying!

Rachel said...

That's awesome!! It's so cool to see how God provides when He gives us a mission! I'm sure you'll be full of more exciting stories soon!! I hope the yard sale goes great!