Thursday, November 11, 2010

Memory Lane: Pet Peeves.

I felt like blogging but was feeling very uninspired, so I decided to read some things I had written in the past. I found this "note" that I wrote for my Facebook back in September of 2009 and I decided to repost it to my blog! A few of my pet peeves have changed, but I'll leave the post as I wrote it originally. Enjoy!

----------------------------------
The last few weeks I have been very irritable.....for some reason everything gets on my nerves. Yesterday when I watched an episode of I Love Lucy that was all about pet peeves, I realized I have been keeping a mental note of my irritations.


1. When Amy takes a shower, she seals the shower curtain shut on the sides using the shampoo and conditioner bottles. When she get's out, she has to open one side, but just leaves the other side how it is. So whenever I take a shower after Amy, all the shampoo bottles (like eight million) all fall into the tub. 

2. My cell phone is crazy. Sometimes the screen is inverted, sometimes it's all white, and sometimes it's split or double. It makes using my phone a process. Drives me nuts. (Thankfully, I now have a new phone.)

'3. Here is another shower one. I used to live down in the other end of the house (in what is now Hunters room). There is one bathroom and four bedrooms down there. When I lived on that side, we all shared the bathroom. Then I moved into very lovely "mother-in-law" quarters. I got my own bathroom, sitting room, and kitchen. After I moved....MY bathroom somehow morphed into the "girls" bathroom. 

4. I love to read. When I am reading a good book, it's hard to focus on anything else. Last week, I lost my book somewhere. I was right in the middle, so I can't stop thinking about it. I hate it! (I found my book month later, and finally finished it. Villette by Charlotte Bronte) 

5. I have three brothers. They like to try to kill each other....it's somehow fun for them to strangle each other. It makes me a nervous wreck. 

6. I love to cook. I enjoy food. I HATE when people are picky eaters. Can't stand it. 

7. I own about ten pairs of old navy flip-flops. I can never find them....or on rare occasions when I can....the colors don't match. 

8. The AC at my work is broken. (We moved :)

9. My family members often feel the need to remind me that I am an old maid. They like to tell me about all the great single men out there. After I am informed, they seem to feel that I should overwhelm them with gratitude, do everything in my power to hunt the poor guy out, snatch him up before he gets a chance to think and marry him. When I don't respond in the said fashion, it causes quite a stir. They all take turns lecturing me. I wish they would just give up on me and move on to the next sister in line. (Still single, still the case, still annoying!)

10. I don't have a closet. Enough said.

11. Every morning, I set my alarm early enough to give myself time to go hiking before work. Someone always turns it off so that it doesn't wake me and resets it.....very sneaky. 

12. Sometimes when I go in my room, I find snoopy all cuddled up on my clean clothes.

13. We have two very large driveways, but our carport is only big enough for three cars. My dad used to park in the round driveway, and everyone was happy. Sadly, his contentment didn't last. Now he has a self-appointed permanent spot on the far left side (my old space). If I try to park in Pop's space when his car is gone, he takes his revenge by parking bumper to bumper with my car so that I can't get out. I finally just let him have it. I would take my mom's space, she always parks in the middle, but I feel too guilty to do that to her. This leaves the far right space. Amy and I have a silent duel for this spot, but it's really just all about luck....and timing. If I'm gone when she get's home, she wins. If she's gone when I get home I win. I hate losing. (Now I don'have a car at all. Oh, how I miss those good old days!) 

14. Wednesday my mom's clients come for appointments. I hate when they block us in the driveway. It's very rude. 

15. Cody is reading over my shoulder right now. I don't like when people read over my shoulder. Go away.


I think a list of 15 complaints is long enough. I know all these "pet peeves" are random, and I hope that someone can laugh about them. Actually....now that I have vented a little, I feel somewhat better. Although I still wish I could find my book. You know, I was thinking...someone always has to start those annoying chains and surveys people fill out. So maybe this can be one. I really am curious about what drives other people crazy.
--------------------------------

One reason I love journaling and blogging is so that I can look back and remember the little things. It's funny how time changes everything, yet nothing changes.   

3 comments:

Mary said...

Your'e insane. the only thing that made this post funny was my comments on it. So, Dear sister I post them here as well.

I have a confession. I think I may be the root of all your pet peeves. I might need help.

1.When Amy takes a shower, she seals the shower curtain shut on the sides using the shampoo and conditioner bottles. I taught her to do that because she always got the floor wet when she showered.
2. I have this problem...I like to throw others cell phones at walls. Keep your phone away from me.
3. I love having a nice clean bathroom where ever I go. I figured out a great plan to help me achieve this at my moms. When Callie moved to the "other side" I secretly moved all the girls shampoos, soaps, and razors to the "other side" so that they would all have to use that bathroom. Since the boys don't take showers, and the use the bathroom outside...I pretty much have my own bathroom. Sometimes my mom makes Hunter take a shower and I am so disappointed.
4. I hate when Callie reads, She ignores me and acts like the book is more interesting than I am. I take her books and hide them.
‎5. I have three brothers. They like to try to kill each other....I always hope one of them win. It is exciting. I start the fights and sit back and watch.
6. My sister Callie is the worst cook ever, We all have to pretend to be picky at her house to get out of eating the slop she cooks up.
7. I steal and collect things. One of my favorite things to steal in Old Navy flip flops.
8. I have a hit man that I hired to break air conditioners. If I have to be hot and sweaty all the time so does everyone else.
9. I try to get Callie to fall for some poor gentleman so he will take her away and we won't have to eat her food anymore.
10. I stole Callie's closet a few years ago.
11. When I go to my moms house, I turn off Callie's alarm so that I don't have to be around her in the morning. She is grumpy in the morning. She also needs her beauty sleep so that she can find a husband.
12. I know everyone loves Snoopy, but her eye boogers gross me out. I lock her in Callie's room so that I don't have to look at them. I make her a bed out of whatever clothes I can find in there. All of Callie's clothes belong on the floor, so I never know if they are clean or dirty and I don't really care. It is punishment for all the years we shared a room and she never put anything away.
13. I told my dad that he should stop letting everyone walk all over him and park in the shade like a real man.
14. I tell all my moms clients to park in the driveway behind the black car.
15. I pay Cody to annoy Callie.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.