Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Proverbs 16:1-3,9


Dear Friends and Family, 
I am sorry for my long stretch of silence. I realize that it's been much to long since I have updated you on what the Lord is doing in my life, but sometimes it's difficult to put such things into writing. 

So far 2013 has been a year of answered prayers. God has brought me to a wonderful, bible preaching church to call "home", and I have been working hard to get plugged in and involved. Through Harvest Bible Chapel I have found new community in two small groups, been blessed with the gift of a car through a new friend, and am now serving in Sunday School. 

Now, in answer to more prayers, I have some new opportunities for missions

Paul and Molly Yuvaraj, missionaries to India and dear family friends, have been in the states for about a year for various reasons and are now preparing to return to their home. Just last week they asked me if I would consider going with them for a month to India. With three young children, a pending move, a new church plant, and a lovely girls home, they will need plenty of help in this transition. I will have many unique and amazing service opportunities during my time there. 

Unlike my other trips, I have little time to prepare. We hope to leave before the end of this month! After four days of intense prayer and pretty much non-stop nail biting, I have decided to jump in and see what God does! In my own strength, this is impossible. There is no time for my typical fundraisers - no garage sales, musical coffee nights, or missions parties. I am totally in a place of depending on Christ, which is exactly where He wants me! 

I ask, no beg, for your prayers. I need prayer for wisdom, financial support, for the next two weeks that I have to prepare, and for everyday that I will be in India. I trust that if this trip is from the Lord, He will provide a way. 

This all comes in a very interesting time for me. Even before all this craziness, I was in the process of pursuing yet another opportunity to serve in foreign missions. In late August, my church, along with AMG International, will be taking a team to Guatemala and I have committed to being part of that team as well. Guatemala is one of the neediest and poorest countries in our hemisphere, and the vast majority of the people there live in poverty. Our desire as a team is to help meet both physical and spiritual needs while we are there. We will be working with AMG in one of their school/daycare centers, ministering to the children as well as helping with maintenance projects during our time there. 

I would also like to ask for prayer and provision for this trip to Guatemala. 

I planned on having a nice, relaxing summer - maybe a few trips to California here or there. Looks like God might have some other plans for me! 

The plans of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight,
But the Lord weighs the motives.
Commit your works to the Lord
And your plans will be established.

The mind of man plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.

Proverbs 16:1-3,9

Thank you so much for your love and support!
God Bless you, 
Callie Denny

2 comments:

Janene Mitchell said...

I will be praying and let me know how I can financially be a part.

Unknown said...

Callie-- My family also loves the Yuvaraj family and will be praying for you and your time with them. What an amazing opportunity that God has blessed you with. Know our prayers are with you!