Wednesday, March 3, 2010

When I leave

But at the evening offering I arose from my humilation, even with my garment and my robe torn, and I fell on my knees and stretch out my hands to the Lord my God; 


And I said, "Oh my God, I am ashamed and embarrassed to lift up my face to You, my God, for our iniquities have risen above our own heads and our guilt has grown even to thr heavens. Since the days of our fathers to this day we have been in great guilt, and on account of our inquities we, our kings and our priests have been given into the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity and to plunder and to open shame, as it is this day."  


- Ezra 9:5-7


Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."
He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold this has touched your lips: and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven." Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" 


Then I said "Here am I. Send me!"


- Isiah 6:5,7-8
----------------------------------------------------------------------
When I leave I want to leave a memory filled with love
The kind you don’t forget
When I go I want to be known
As one who lived with no regrets


Some glad morning when this life is over
I’ll fly away
To a home on God’s celestial shore
I’ll fly away
When I leave I want to leave a memory..
.


- JJ Heller

No comments: