Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just Enough is Enough...

But He gives so much more! 
Ever since I got back from Slovenia I have been trying to construct a blog. I've sat down to write about my trip few times, yet I have never been able express anything. I started a blog that recorded our daily activities...each day starting with "we woke up" and ending with "we finally got to bed, exhausted". Half way through the process I stopped, feeling discouraged. How can I possible convey the heart change that comes from spending ten days in a new culture, serving with a church, and feeling a burden for new people? How can I accurately communicate  my thankfulness for the team unity and the joy of serving the Lord and seeking to follow Him with other believers? How can I describe the struggle of not allowing my sinful nature to control me or the pain of having my own sin laid open before me?
I can't, I just can't. 
Ten days, that's it. Ten days of my life. While living them, it felt like as if they would never end...not in a bad way...but in the natural way we simply move from day to day. Yet now, looking back, it seemed like it passed so quickly. Just a short reprieve from the reality I live it.
So much change, I change so much, but nothing has changed. 
If I had to define those ten days in a short statement, I would say; God humbled me, but He raised me up. It's all I have. I won't share stories and examples, although I have them. Everyday God did something amazing. But at the moment, the point is not how, it's what.
Today in class, we talked about worship and wrote our own statement of worship based on what God has been doing. This is what I wrote:
"God, thank you so much for your consistent faithfulness in my life. Thank you for showing me you have a plan for every good and bad situation I have ever faced and ever will face. Your faithfulness overwhelms me. Your hand has led me here and I know it will continue to lead me. Thank you that You have revealed Yourself to me and that you have humbled me, You have broken me and taken my pride, only to rebuild me again and restore me to something better. You are patient with me when I deserve to be deserted. You are real, and Your love is powerful."
Amen.

No comments: