Monday, May 30, 2011

Eltévedtem, és nem beszélek magyarul!

(I'm lost and I don't speak Hungarian!)
I was talking to my most favorite cousin on facebook the other day (she knows who she is...) and was talking about my life and I realized that beside my mom and dad no one has any idea what I have been up to the last few weeks...and actually, they don't even know that much because I am not good at this whole internet communication thing. Anyways, I concluded that it is time for a blog update to fill in those who are interested in knowing the details of my life.

The short version is this, I am offically moved out and living totally indepent for the first time in my life. Actually, I am having a lot of first time experiences right now...my first "flat" with my first flatmates, my first time atempting vegitarianism (ok, maybe I am only partially attempting this), my first time relying on public transportation, i.e. the city bus, and most importantly, my first time on a "long" missions trip.

One of the requirements for the Mission Training Program at CCBCE is that I go on a 30 day missions trip. This is to get a practical taist of what life on the mission field is really like. On May 19th, along with four other students, I left Vajta and moved to Pécs, Hungary. Since I have already blogged about Pécs before, I will spare you from my desire to gush about the beauty of the city. You know, stange as it may seem, I am actually at a loss for words...I think I have writers block. I have so many things I want to express, yet at the same time I feel like being quiet. I am definatlely learning and growing, and since I am still in the process, I think I will save a detailed blog until I am on the other side.

Least the title of this blog mislead you, I think I should clarify. I am SO blessed and happy to be here. It's cool to think back to this time last year and know that even though I was clueless, God knew that I would be living in Europe. I seriously doubt that I will blog again before I leave, although I plan on posting some pictures. So I hope you enjoyed this...

You still want an explaination for this blog title? Fine, I will tell you. I live in Hungary, I ride the city bus, and I don't speak Hungarian...so I learned a pharse to help me on the streets. Not to brag, but I say it pretty well.

(p.s. spell check isn't working...so, just get over my errors.)

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hana and I just read your post and we are wondering if you speak english either? We love you sooooooo much and are glad you are having such a good time in a beautiful place. hugs from both of us!!!!! mama & hana
-----------
*phrase
*taste
*lest
love, hana

Anonymous said...

Aren't your mom and sister so funny! : )

Tiffany