Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Psalm 66

"Shout joyfully to God, all the earth; sing the glory of His name; make His praise glorious" - Psalm 66:1-2

I only have thirty minutes until lights out, but I really just wanted to express the joyfulness I have been feeling. I can't explain this, it is a "peace that passes understanding". I have never felt so content to be where I am. That sentence doesn't make much sense, but read it again and maybe you'll get it. I just know, I know, that I am where God wants me to be. Anyone today who has causally asked me "How are you today?" has received a ten minute response on how great I feel. I feel purpose.

Yet, I still see the enemy working. Against me and others. I almost feel bad when I talk about how joyful I am when I know I am talking to someone who has had a hard or sad day...but I can't really feel bad about it, nor do I want to. I want to spread the joy!

So, "Come and hear, all who fear God, and I will tell what He has done for my soul" (66:17) "Come and see the works of God, who is awesome in deeds towards the son of man" (66:5) and "Bless our God, O peoples and sound His praise abroad!"(66:8)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am so happy for you and finding your purpose!! There is nothing more fulfilling than KNOWING you are doing what God intended!