Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Salzburg, Austria



Here's a photographic timeline of my outreach. Enjoy! 

















Lisa doesn't believe in suffering for lack of food. If you want a gourmet snack, you should have one. Road trip or not. Meat and cheese, mustard and mayo, hard-boiled eggs, roasted chicken, BBQ ribs (all homemade and wrapped to stay hot)...just some of the goodness we had while in the car. 






This is in honor of the family puppy that that I have yet to meet, but have quite happily name Maltese...or Maltball for short. 


















Yes, I was here. 












Did you know that in some places leaves change colors and fall off the trees?












The Boys.  Marion and Josh. 




Another strange phenomenon...frozen ice that can only be removed by scraping. People actually have special tools for this.  
I got to be reunited with some friends from the summer <3








Silly pictures are the best ice breaker in the world, regardless of culture of language, this always works. 






We stayed at a Christian retreat center and part of our outreach was to help the missionary couple who is serving there...(all alone!). This was one of the views. 
















Autumn 




Is






Amazing. 





For my graffiti collection.... 
Beth and Adelaide.


The Pastors little girl.








Lisa. 































We did the Sunday school 









Yes, it's real and he is very serious about it. 
  
Hey MOM! Look at me! 
Can you guess what is happening....?






 Am I flying? Floating through air?




NOPE! I'm jumping on a trampoline! 




 
She's the best cook ever!





I found a shilling when I was doing laundry. I felt like I should be in a book....



Does this look familiar to you? Because if you are a true musical it should!


Does this look familiar to anyone?






<3



Salzburg is one of the most beautiful places 
I have ever had the blessing of visiting!














(Anyone? Think about bikes...
and seven children in matching 
clothes...and an almost nun!)



Fall. 





European Art. 
  Have you noticed I liked the leaves?






 
Sometimes the sights are a little much. 


Look close...he's still there. Oh, by the way...IT WAS FREEZING!












Jenny and Jolean.












I wouldn't mind having a couple sets of twins...

Snow, fog, and a castle. 


 Dry walling at the retreat center. 




Stacking wood for fires. 




I was just trying to help!
Minus one seat in the car = we took turns napping. 
 Life is fleeting. 

















<------ Creeper status. 




I brought it to Europe. No trip is complete without a few pictures like these.
If anyone is interested in marriage....I have our proposal scene all planned... 


















Hanging roses....
In a historical place, the oldest restaurant in the world...
A little candlelight


 Everything "just so"




Coffee, dessert.... 


Just one thing missing.

But who needs one of those!











The quest for the worlds best hot chocolate was never reached....but I think we got pretty close a few times.  


And with all that coffee and hot chocolate we couldn't 
sleep...so we just enjoyed the night life. 












One of our only team pictures!























 Best pillows in the world. 




 Oh wait, team photo #2


 Sometimes we got spiritual....




And we worked a little too....


Did you know that hats and 
scarfs really serve a purpose?








 Some gave this statue a vest...


 Zip Line!








 Our host, Lissi <3




 Crazy Lisa.


 Team Jesus. 


 We left Josh there...


 I left my mark on the frosty trampoline.








 Picture Perfect.












Farewell Salzburg!
 






Photo Booth!
(I wasn't kidding about leaving Josh)























That's all for now folks. 
But here's a snack for the road


No comments: