Wednesday, October 12, 2011

8 & 1/2

In the beginning of my time in Hungary, I hated skype and never wanted to use it even when I was really homesick....but I was soon missing my people from home so much that I begin using it more and more. I still hate that skype hardly ever works, and I am not saying that I take back all my previous statements regarding the internet but I have to say, I am thankful for moments like these:






































And conversations like this:

Callie Ann Denny: i was gonna saw...
Callie Ann Denny: well, not saw
Timothy Denny: say
Callie Ann Denny: no i was gonna saw
Callie Ann Denny: really
Timothy Denny: them in half
Callie Ann Denny: theres a log and a ummm sawer right here
Callie Ann Denny: what the heck
Callie Ann Denny: i cant remember what that thing is called...
Callie Ann Denny: just a saw?
Timothy Denny: a saw?
Callie Ann Denny: you saw with a saw?
Callie Ann Denny: where does the sea come in?
Timothy Denny: yes!
Timothy Denny: do you see the saw?
Callie Ann Denny: now i am really confused.
Timothy Denny: at the shore
Callie Ann Denny: and the hound dogs?
Callie Ann Denny: you know, the lonesome ones?
Timothy Denny: she sells seashells by the seashore
Timothy Denny: three times fast
Callie Ann Denny: three fast lonesome hound dogs?
Callie Ann Denny: howling at the moon on the seashore?
Timothy Denny: actually it is Sue who sells them
Timothy Denny: we are silly
Callie Ann Denny: stealing the shells that sue was trying to steal?
Timothy Denny: Sue was not stealing them she was selling them
Callie Ann Denny: no, those hound dogs where stealing them because they were so lonesome
Callie Ann Denny: they stole them from sue
Callie Ann Denny: it was so sad
Callie Ann Denny: she was crying and calling the police
Timothy Denny: the band??
Callie Ann Denny: yeah, she was hoping they would do a bennifit concert for her to raise money to get more seashells to sell.
Timothy Denny: She should have called Ben Folds.  Mom has a connection. 


Even though I end up missing my family so much more at the end of a conversation than I did at the beginning, I wouldn't trade my echo-y, frozen, delayed conversations for anything in the world.  

3 comments:

Autumn Klare Wallace said...

Basically, I love your family.

December 17th.

YESSS!!!

Ps. I've been missing my family a whole lot as well.

Carol said...

Wow, we are soooo attractive!
I wish I could reach through the computer screen and hug you. xoxoxox.
mama

Jamie Bearden said...

I miss you so much!!!!