Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The End of Something Good

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I have five days left at Calvary Chapel Bible College. Right now I am sitting in the coffee shop, music is playing in the background, and there are small conversations happening all around me. I want to go home more than anything. I miss my family so much and I can't wait to see them.

But I feel like weeping.














Almost one year ago this was me. Since that first week I have done so many things...


I've spent many hours with books and my computer. 
(Also, I went through a phase of taking many pictures of myself.)
























I met a lot of amazing people and was blessed by many great friendships. 




Some of the best friends were small friends. 








I had some amazing adventures. 



Experienced new things. 

Had a birthday. 





Lived in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, 
with some of the most amazing people. 







Drank way too much coffee. 










 I went on some amazing outreaches.





Was a little sacrilegious at times...







Got to watch my brother experience Europe and grow in the Lord. 





Found new ways the wear the same things over and over...and over.

Even got a little rebellious.


But now, it's the end and I am going home. 
2011, you've been a good year. God has revealed Himself to me 
and blessed me more than words or pictures could ever express. 
I am sad to leave, but I am also excited to see what else God has for me. 

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, 
but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid 
hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having 
laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind 
and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal 
for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 3:12-14

"Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway
in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Callie,
I can't imagine the strength you had to go away from your family so dear to you for a whole year. I am so blessed by your commitment to the Lord that you would follow His direction and go where He asked. You give me strength in your writings. You give me hope in times when I have felt hopeless. You bring me Jesus on a daily basis. You are His light and I love that so much. I can't wait to see you.

Love Jamie

Anonymous said...

Callie! Your testimony has inspired so many people, myself included. :) You have shown (and continue to show) that God can use anyone for His glory if we let Him. I know that God will keep shining through you and using you in many ways.

I pray that God will bless you richly and give you a wonderful reunion with your family back here.

I hope I get to see you soon!
Bethany