Friday, September 9, 2011

Pathetic attempts at blogging...

Every morning for the last two weeks I have began the day with one thought..."I really need to blog." Multiple times I have gathered my belongings and headed up to the coffee shop with the intention of tell the world about my life, but somehow, I have managed to get sidetracked every time. Maybe blogging was just a phase in my life that is slowly fizzling out. There was a time when I had two or three post running through my mind everyday, but now when I sign into blogger the only thing I can think to blog about is my failure to blog. It's more than a little sad...but today I have decided to persevere and write an update! I hope that makes someone happy.

This summer I was all over the place. I served with a church in a neighboring city for a month, came back to the school campus for two weeks, went on a amazing camping trip with the AVFL students (one of which was my little brother), came back to Vajta again for a few days, then took one of the AVFLers on a weekend outreach, then came back to school again this time to stay for the rest of the summer.

I feel like I lived three summers in one.
































(Some pictures from my crazy summer.)

But now summer is over and Monday morning marks the official beginning of the fall semester. Over the last few days new students have been trickling in...last spring there was 54 students including interns. This fall, we have 85, but if you count the children of married couples and interns we have over 100 students living on campus....

(Now is the time when you see just how crazy my life had become. I wrote all of the above last weekend and right now it's Wednesday afternoon...so five days later and I am finally back to my blog.)


Three days into the week and I am already feeling the stress. Maybe stress is the wrong word...because I am also feeling so excited. I am thrilled to be "back" to school. I love having people everywhere...

(Ok, this is totally serious. It's been another afternoon since I wrote the last thing about it being two days since I started this blog. I think rate it will take me two years to finish this blog post. I really want to try though. I have to finish. I have thoughts and I think you should know them.)


I could erase everything above and start over, but I feel like it adds to the character of my blog.    

(I really might have a problem. Right now it is Friday afternoon. I feel conflicted about even keeping this blog. I am not doing this on purpose, but what I am supposed to do when I am in the middle of blogging and something comes up...)


This blog really has to be over now. I am just going to post it. I really don't even know what I had planned for it to be about anymore. Here's a little taste of semester life. 

1 comment:

alschultz1540 said...

Beautiful photos, lol but I agree. :) Plenty of character. :) I like your style and I need to post again too!!!