Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Spider Catcher

It's amazing that certain titles, such as the one chosen for this blog post, actually attract people. When I say people I really mean me. Yes...The Spider Catcher is the name of the library book I am now reading. So far, I am a little disappointed by the story line...but I hope it will get better...Gilbert Morris usually manages to hold my attention.

Clearly, I take my reading a little to seriously, but what can I say? One of my strongest aspirations is to have my own library. I love reading. Next to reading I love talking about books I have read (with other book lovers, of course). Fact: I have bought at least 20 new books in the past three months. Thrifty Joe's cheap prices makes this possible.

Although my love for fiction is healthy, I realize that it gets in my way at times. I want my life to play out like the heroines in my stories.
Adventure, romance, even danger...this is what I long for.
Here I am. Twenty-one years old (almost twenty-two) and my life is totally lacking in all three of those departments.

Adventure? Still living with the parentals.
Romance? HA! That's a joke.
Danger? Well...I burned my hand making dinner the other day.

It's no wonder I read.

No comments: